Abusing Memory : The Healing Theology Of Agnes Sanford (Revised)
Earn 200 points upon purchasing this product.
1. Mother Of Inner Healing
2. A Free Spirit
3. Motives For Healing
4. New Thought, New Age, And Agnes
5. Agnes And God
6. A Blurred Picture Of Jesus
7. Flirting With Spiritism
8. Prayer Of Faith
9. Turning God On
10. Laying On Of Hands
11. Failure Of The Prayer Of Faith
12. Healing Of The Soul Never Fails
13. Inner Healing And Memories
14. The Inner Child
15. The Source Of The Unconscious
16. The Collective Unconscious
17. Agnes’s Legacy: The Ministry Of John Sandford
18. What Then Shall We Say?
Agnes Sanford has long been hailed as the mother of the Inner Healing/Healing of Memories movement. Though her methods are popular in various segments of the Church, they are anything but Christian.
Dr. Gumprecht explores the beginnings of this religious arm of the New Age movement, focusing on Agnes Sanford’s rebellion against the orthodox church, her understanding of God’s will in connection with suffering, her involvement with New Age leader Emmet Fox, and more.