Earn 700 points upon purchasing this product.
In this addition to the well-received Paideia series, Mary Ann Beavis examines cultural context and theological meaning in Mark. Paideia commentaries explore how New Testament texts form Christian readers by:
* attending to the ancient narrative and rhetorical strategies the text employs
* showing how the text shapes theological convictions and moral habits
* commenting on the final, canonical form of each New Testament book
* focusing on the cultural, literary, and theological settings of the text
* making judicious use of maps, photos, and sidebars in a reader-friendly format Students, pastors, and other readers will appreciate the insights that Beavis derives from interrogating the text through multiple perspectives.